Saturday, February 4, 2012

Heart Warming Breakfast

I found this great recipe yesterday on allrecipes.com, Carrot Cake Oatmeal. It's really easy and very tasty. Basically, it's steel cut oats (I suggest getting them at WinCo in the bulk section. If you buy the prepackaged oats in the oatmeal isle you'll pay about $6! In the bulk section I do believe it's about 84 cents a pound), apple, raisins, carrots, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. I changed it up a bit by using raisins and dried cranberries (had them on hand). Then, once it was off the heat I added some vanilla and brown Sugar Twin. You toast up some pecans with a bit of butter and then add some brown sugar to sweeten those little puppies up. Bowl it up and add the warm pecans and then a dollop of plain yogurt. Oh my, sweet, crunchy, spicy and smooth all at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment