Friday, February 3, 2012

In the beginning...

I decided to start a blog at the advice of my Aunt Pam. I'm always talking about food, taking pictures of food, making food, eating food (not as much as I used to), and just enjoying everything about food/the kitchen.
I do suppose I could give a little background on myself. I'm 30 years old, married, no children yet. I started my love affair with my kitchen after my husband, Danny, and I got married in 2005. I'm not much of a baker. I love cooking on the stove top and make savory dishes mostly. I have quite a few cookbooks. My husband thinks I have too many, but he's OK with it. Shoot, he got me a new one for Christmas this year. I like following the recipes to the letter, but I do also enjoy tweaking them. I really get excited when I can pull something off straight from my imagination.
I'm not going to be making dinner tonight though. Danny is taking me out on a date. This weekend I am making Chili Verde. It's Super Bowl Sunday and my dad's birthday. Looking forward to cooking away with a big pork shoulder and tomatillos.


No comments:

Post a Comment