Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day Dinner



Well, I did it. Valentine's Day Dinner was really good. Danny really enjoyed it. He set the table with our china, candle sticks we got as wedding gifts, our nice glasses and TWO forks! This is high class dining :).
Dinner consisted of a bone-in ribeye steak. This thing was a monster! It was a little over two pounds and about 2 inches thick. Simply seasoned with salt and pepper and browned on all sides in olive oil. Then it finished up in the oven for about 45 minutes. We like our meat well done, a little bit of pink is ok. I do think, though, that I could have taken out a few minutes earlier. But it was so tasty. I bought it from Quality Meats on Clinton and Chestnut. I highly recommend that place.
Our side dishes were creamed spinach and Gratin potatoes. The creamed spinach was wonderful. Very simple, consisting of heavy cream, Parmesano Regiano, and topped with a little sharp cheddar. But I do think I had more cream than spinach :)
The Gratin potatoes were rich and creamy. These babies are not for the person who is strictly watching their calories. I do watch them, but I do allow myself some fun every once in a while :). Lots of heavy cream and egg yolks, oh yeah and Gruyere cheese. Wow, that stuff is dangerous, in a good way.
Dessert is my chocolate cake. It's a flour free chocolate cake with a chocolate swirl meringue. I did make it again after my mishap this morning. And it's lookin' a lot better with the butter in it.
Happy Valentine's Day Danny! I love with all my heart. I'm so thankful that God made us for each other. I'm looking forward to so many more special days with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment